It’s time to provide another Brisbane Rental Market Update for February 2023. The rental crisis has been in the headlines for a number of months, so hearing from the coal face about what is happening provides you with the most up-to-date information.
In this episode of the Brisbane Property Podcast, Scott and Melinda talk to Jonathan Bell. Jonathan is the Managing Director of Housemark – a leading property management firm servicing Brisbane.
Jonathan shares his insights in terms of what his property managers are seeing on-the-ground throughout Brisbane. Here are some highlights from this episode:
- Tenants are starting to feel the pinch in terms of rental affordability in some areas throughout Brisbane
- Tenants are realigning their expectations for a property to stay within a certain budget
- Tenants are still lining up before they get to inspect rental properties in many locations throughout Brisbane
- There has been a shift in the rental demand away from houses and towards units and townhouses – especially from the younger generation
- Tenancy Legislation changes in Queensland late in 2022 have had little impact on landlords so far – providing tenancy agreements are on fixed terms
- Jonathan shares some questions landlords should ask a prospective Property Manager before entrusting them to manage their investment property
We hope you enjoy this episode, and please don’t forget to leave us a review if you are enjoying our content! Enquire about our Brisbane Buyer’s Agency services for Investors and Home Buyers, please click HERE.
Learn more about your hosts, Melinda and Scott Jennison at www.streamlineproperty.com.au